Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Independent Reading post #3

Minerva Mirabal-

Journal Entry 1
Sunday, January 6th, 1942

Today is Three Kings Day. Time has gone by fast and now Patria, Dede, Maria Teresa, and I have been spending time at home with Mama and Papa for the holidays. Not only do I miss Inmaculada Concepcion, but I miss my friend Lina Levaton dearly. She had such wonderful days there, until she met Trujillo. To us, she was oh so kind and as gentile and delicate as a rose. With her meeting Trujillo, not only did it effect her school work and friends, but it effected herself. Not knowing she would end up in a tragic situation, she instantly fell in love with Trujillo and his love notes, poems, and flowers. Sinita was disgusted. She could not bear to see her dear friend, Lina, be left alone in the end. Sinita finally asked Lina one day," Do you Love him?" Sinita had asked as if Lina were to marry a monster. Lina replied ever so sweetly,"With all my heart."
I could not believe my ears! Lina actually Loved Trujillo! She ended up leaving Inmaculada Concepcion to live with Trujillo only to later discover that he was married. Having his wife know about Lina would get her killed! So the only thing that Trujillo could do was ship her off to a castle that he had made for her so she wouldn't be harmed.
I miss Lina so very much. Now, I continue to live my life knowing she still is alive and living happily with her one child. Hopefully I will soon see her again.

With all of the Love in my heart,
Minerva Mirabal

No comments:

Post a Comment